Karen's favorite color is purple. SP likes to nap on his favorite site: freshly folded bedsheets just out of the dryer. Chihuahuas like Taco Bell. I like evergreens.
I had my favorite bushes up in St. Paul. Seems like every corner I turned there was an evergreen waiting to be claimed. Not only would I sniff them, I loved to walk under them a few times for some of the scent to remain on me for a while in addition to evoking squatters rights to the property.
Down in southern Georgia the only evergreens were the Georgia pines. I really didn't care too much for walking on pine straw (got jabbed a few times by the loose needles!) I did however notice a bush type I liked very much, which was, in fact, "ever" green all year... the Azalea. Magnificent colors, low to the ground flowers for sniffing, abundant almost everywhere you go, almost as prevalent as red bugs (aka Chiggers), pecans and smashed Armadillos in the road.
Here in southern Illinois, where I am now, no Chiggers, thank God, but I am drawn to the scent of the evergreen again, particularly the little sapling next to my neighbor's front porch. It's my hangout, my hood, my favorite place. If you look out and don't see me right away, look next to Martha's bush, I'll be sniffing around.
No comments:
Post a Comment